1) In these Terms, the following terms shall have the meanings set forth below:
a) “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about Visitors including their name, phone number, email address and contact details, and other personal information incidental to such Visitor’s interaction with the Website, but excluding any business contact information.
b) “Visitor” refers to a user who browses the Website.
c) “Website Content” refers to all information, text, images, data, links, or other material posted on the sections of the Website: (i) that are publicly available; and (ii) which you have the right to access, whether created by us or provided by a third party for display on the Website.
2) We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time for any reason. Access to the Website is subject to these Terms, as they are amended from time to time and published on the Website. Your continued access to the Website shall be deemed as having read, understood and accepted the revised Terms published on the Website.
ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
3) The accessibility and operation of the Website rely on technologies outside our control. We do not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of the Website. We reserve the right to temporarily suspend or shut down the Website for system maintenance or for such other purposes as we may require, as and when necessary.
4) Access to some parts of the Website, such as certain Event pages, are strictly restricted to registered/corporate members of AAIS. If you are provided with an identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We reserve the right to disable any identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
5) As a Visitor, you can browse and view the Website and the Website Content in accordance with these Terms and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which includes complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within Singapore or other jurisdictions from which you are accessing this Website.
6) The Website and/or Website Content may not be used for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms. Graphics, photographs, video, audio, software programs and images on this Website may not be appropriated or exploited in any manner without written permission of AAIS.
7) If you use our Website on your mobile device, your mobile carrier’s normal rates and charges apply. We are not responsible for any charges you incur from your mobile carrier as a result of use of the Website. You are responsible for ensuring that at all times while using the Website you are not in violation of your wireless data service agreement. You are solely responsible for all fees and costs associated with your access to and use of the Website.
8) The collection and use of any information collected from you, including but not limited to Personal Data, by AAIS, will be subject to our Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
9) The AAIS reserves the right to make changes to document names and content, descriptions or specifications of products or services, or other information without obligation to issue any notice of such changes.
10) The AAIS has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor content posted on the Website, to determine compliance with these Terms and any other applicable rules that we may establish, from time to time. Without limiting the foregoing, AAIS has the right to remove any material that AAIS, in their sole discretion, finds to be in violation of these Terms or otherwise objectionable.
11) The Website is a general information source only. The Website Contents do not constitute financial or other professional advice.
12) Certain product and company names mentioned on this Website or material displayed on this Website may be intellectual property belonging to third parties. The AAIS does not warrant or represent that if you use such material, you will not infringe the legal rights of these third parties.
13) The AAIS endeavours to prepare our Website Content and Privacy and Data Protection Policy in accordance with Singapore law. It does not warrant that the Website will satisfy the laws of any jurisdiction other than Singapore.
LINKS TO/FROM EXTERNAL WEBSITES
14) The Website may contain links to websites which are not operated or controlled by AAIS, whether for marketing purposes or otherwise. These links are provided to you as a matter of convenience, and AAIS makes no representation or warranty whatsoever in respect of any linked web site and shall not be responsible for the content of any linked web site. Any non-AAIS-owned website accessed from the Website is independent from AAIS, and AAIS has no control over the content of that website.
15) You must secure written permission from AAIS prior to hyper-linking to, or framing, this Website or any of the Website Content, or engaging in similar activities. The AAIS reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyper-linking to, or framing of this Website and/or any of the Website Content.
16) The AAIS reserves all rights to disable or block any links to, or frames of any website containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
17) The AAIS reserves the right to disable or block any unauthorised links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other website reached by links to or from this Website and/or any of the Website Content.
18) We do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transaction or communication made through the website. Internet communication and transactions may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties.
19) Under no circumstances will AAIS be liable for any loss or damage that you may incur, whether arising directly or indirectly from:
a) using or accessing, or loss of access to or use of the website;
b) relying on any statements, opinions, representation or information in the website;
c) any delay or interruption in the accessibility, functionality or operation of this website or transmission of any communication made through this website; and/or
d) your use of the payment methods available on this website.
20) All Website Content and information on, or accessible from, the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by law, AAIS hereby disclaims any warranty:
a) As to the accuracy, correctness, completeness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, or fitness for any particular purpose of the Website Content; and
b) That the Website and/or the Website Content or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Website and the server is and will be free of all viruses, worms and/or other harmful or invasive elements.
21) The AAIS reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Website by any particular person, or to block access from a particular IP address to this Website, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
22) These Terms shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Any claim relating to the use of the Website shall be heard by the Singapore courts.
23) The AAIS makes no representation that information on this Website is appropriate or available for use outside Singapore. Those who choose to access this Website from outside Singapore do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. By using the Website, you consent to having your Personal Data transferred to and processed in Singapore, subject to the restrictions on such data applicable to AAIS.
24) In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, the parties shall at first instance take reasonable efforts to settle and resolve such disputes in good faith and in an amicable manner by negotiation.
25) The AAIS shall reserve the right to amend, vary or modify these Terms at any time, without giving prior notice to you and such amendments shall be effective immediately upon inclusion/publication of such amendment on the Website.
For further information or clarification, please contact us at email@example.com or 6922 1788.