This Privacy and Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out the basis which the Association of Aerospace Industries (Singapore) (“AAIS”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”).
1) As used in this Policy: “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a user who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2) Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, email address, telephone number, employment information (company and designation), and others.
3) Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4) We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”).
5) We may collect and process the following information about you:
a) Information that you provide during the application process for AAIS and copies of any documents you provide to us
b) Information that you provide during the registration process for AAIS-organised events, or programmes held in partnership with AAIS, through our website or other channels
c) If you are a speaker or an attendee at any of our events, we may collect information about your participation at our events
d) Any correspondence between you and us
e) Information required for subscription to newsletters or publications produced by AAIS
f) Any feedback you provide through AAIS
g) Any other information you provide to us from time to time
h) Details of your visits to our website (including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources
that you access)
6) We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
a) to provide our services, including inviting you to and organising events, providing news and updates and reports about events, sending you our newsletters, publications, or providing general news and information about events that we think will interest you;
b) to deal with your requests and enquiries, and to provide you with information about our services, activities or content;
c) to process the application and maintenance of your membership;
d) to personalise the way in which our website and services are presented to you, including to ensure that content of our website and services are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
e) to analyse your use of our services;
f) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
g) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website; and
h) to perform obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services;
i) to transmit to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned or similar purposes;
j) for any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above;
7) We may disclose your personal data:
a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services. This may be include but not limited to:
i) Member Directories: We may make your name, company, email and other business information available through an online member directory, as well as by phone and email upon a third party’s request.
ii) Event Attendees: For some events, certain Personal Information of all event attendees available to other event attendees and event sponsors. The Personal Information made available may include name, company, email and other business information.
b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged or partner with to perform any of the functions with reference to the above-mentioned purposes.
8) By attending an event organised by or in partnership with AAIS, you consent to the use of your photograph, voice, likeness, and image in any broadcasts of this event and in subsequent productions drawn from video or audio recordings of this event. The photographs and recordings may be published or broadcasted in the AAIS’ publications and in publicity materials, including the AAIS and affiliates’ websites and social media. All recordings, articles, quotes, photographs, films, audio or video and/or any reproductions of same in any form, are the property of AAIS. AAIS, its affiliates, employees, representatives and agents are released from any and all claims, demands, costs and liability that may arise from the use of these interviews, recordings, photographs, videotapes or films, and/or any reproductions of same in any form, as described above, arising out of being interviewed, recorded, photographed, videotaped or filmed.
9) It is the responsibility of event participants to remove themselves from group and candid shots/recordings that the photographers/videographers intend to capture, if they do not wish to have their photos/audio-visual recordings taken at the event.
10) The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
11) The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
12) Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
13) Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner.
14) Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15) If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request to us at the contact details provided below.
16) We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing us in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
17) To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are protected with security technologies. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
18) We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
19) This website, including its subdomains, may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors, and understanding how visitors use the website. Cookies can also help customise the website for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
21) This website, including its subdomains, may provide links to websites or services created and maintained by other individuals or organisations. Please note that these websites’ privacy policies may differ from this Policy. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any website you may visit, as we are not responsible for such websites’ content and policies. AAIS does not control these links or sites nor is AAIS responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, security, or continued availability or existence of the information provided on these sites. Other organisations linked from the Website may collect information about you when you visit their websites. AAIS cannot control this collection of information. You should contact these companies directly if you have any questions about how they use the information they collect.
EFFECT OF POLICY AND CHANGES TO POLICY
22) This Policy applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
23) We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about our Privacy and Data Protection Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6922 1788.