SINGAPORE UAS COMMUNITY
The Singapore Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Community was conceived with the support of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) and Enterprise Singapore (ESG), to represent and serve the interests of the emerging UAS industry.
Building upon our strengths as an Association, we will engender the UAS Community, and together, play a role in supporting market development and access, sourcing of new technologies, development of standards and policy advocacy.
Please reach out to our Programme Executive Ms Stephanie Lo (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for more information.
News & Announcements
This year, instead of the traditional sumptuous Chinese New Year lunch for residents of various homes for the elderly, we had to do things differently in view of COVID-19. On behalf of the Aerospace Community, AAIS organised bento lunches, red packets and care...read more
We are pleased to welcome several new members to our Community: Dronesec (Privasec Pte Ltd), ITE College Central, Singapore Flying College Pte Ltd, Skyports Pte Ltd, Uniqtech Entertainment Pte Ltd, and Volocopter Asia Holding Pte Ltd.read more
NEWS & EVENTS ARCHIVE
- TR 78 : 2020 – Building Facade Inspection Using Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) - The Building Façade Inspection using Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Working Group has developed a new Technical Reference (TR) entitled "TR 78 : 2020 - Building facade inspection using UAS". The TR provides a set of non-exhaustive specifications for the use of UAS to conduct inspection of existing building facades. In this interactive virtual workshop, participants learnt from UAS experts about the development of TR 78 : 2020 and its applications.
Watch this Webinar below:
- AAM Webinar Session 2: Urban Planning and Infrastructure for Advanced Air Mobility - In the second of a series of 3 webinars organised by AAIS, experts, regulators and academia discuss infrastructural considerations for AAM implementation and discuss approaches to enable AAM in urban areas like Singapore. Moderated by Mr Ilya Khanykov, Executive Advisor at McFly.aero, the session included speakers from the Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia, Independent Business Group, and Energy Research Institute @ NTU.
Watch this Webinar below:
- AAM Webinar Session 1: Singapore and Advanced Air Mobility - In the first of a series of 3 webinars organised by AAIS, experts, regulators and academia share exciting developments for AAM implementation and discuss approaches to enable AAM in Singapore. Moderated by AAIS Panel of Expert member Robin Thevathasan, the session included speakers from Singapore Economic Development Board, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, Volocopter and the eVTOL Research and Innovation Centre at Nanyang Technological University.
Watch this Webinar below:
- First Virtual Networking Session for Members - AAIS organised our first Virtual Networking session on 17 September 2020! Held in place of our traditional quarterly HOST Networking sessions, this web-based event provided the opportunity for members of the aerospace and UAS communities to meet and reconnect while in the comforts and safety of their own spaces. The event kicked off with a brief keynote on "The Agile Approach in COVID-19 times". Participants then joined break out rooms to network and share their thoughts on the Agile mindset and what it would mean for their organisations.
- Briefing & Focus Group Discussion on Indoor Testbed & UAS Initiatives - The Singapore Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Community came together for a briefing and focus group discussion on indoor test-bedding and UAS Lab initiatives on 22 January 2020. Organised by AAIS, the event attracted UAS manufacturers and solution providers, end-users including aerospace and non-aviation companies, educational and research institutions, as well as government agencies. The programme […]
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roundtable (16 August 2018) - A roundtable for the UAS community was co-hosted by the Association of Aerospace Industries (Singapore) and Enterprise Singapore on 16 Aug 2018. Participants included representatives from UAS manufacturers, service providers, technology providers, ANSPs, VCs and government agencies. It was an interesting session hearing what each participant does, sharing perspectives on business and market opportunities and […]
- Seminar on UAV operations: legal and ethical issues, risks and liabilities - The Singapore UAS Community held a seminar on 25 Oct 2019 to discuss the legal and ethical issues, risks and liabilities in relation to UAV operations. We enjoyed a good turnout and great insights from our guest speakers, Mr Leo Fattorini (Partner at Bird & Bird) and Mr David Ong (CEO of Acorn international Network). Mr […]
- Mandatory Unmanned Aircraft Registration from 2 Jan 2020 - The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) will implement mandatory registration for Unmanned Aircraft (UA) from 2 January 2020. Any UA, such as a drone, with a total weight above 250 grams must be registered with the CAAS before it can be operated in Singapore. Read more
- AAIS-CAAS UAS Focus Group Discussion - The Singapore Unmanned Aircraft Systems Community – a part of AAIS – held an industry focus group discussion on UAS registration, co-hosted by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS). The session on 11 July, sought industry inputs on the proposed policy for the registration of drones. Close to 40 participants representing 30 UAS […]
- Smart Port Challenge 2019 - Smart Port Challenge 2019, the annual innovation competition, is back with 28 innovation opportunities in the fields of Port Operations, Shipping, and Maritime Services and Logistics. Submission of proposals closes on 9 Aug 2019. Visit Smart Port Challenge for details and to submit proposals.
- Singapore UAS Community represented on the UAS Advisory Panel appointed by CAAS - CAAS announced the appointment of an Advisory Panel to review UAS regulations on 23 May 2019. The Singapore UAS Community is pleased to be represented on the Panel. Read more