The OneAviation Careers Fair 2023 was held from 4 to 5 Aug 2023 at Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre. AAIS was pleased to support the event with a booth to (a) share with students and jobseekers about the aviation, aerospace and unmanned aircraft systems industries, (b) explain the Career Conversion Programme for aerospace, and (c) offer subscriptions to our soon-to-be launched Aerospace Singapore Digital web magazine.
In his opening speech at the Fair, Acting Minister for Transport, Chee Hong Tat, spoke of 3 challenges facing the industry as it recovers from the effects of the pandemic.
(1) Tight labour market and ageing workforce
(2) Reducing carbon emissions
(3) Harnessing technology to compete as an air hub
Mr Chee also launched the Air Transport Industry Transformation Map (ITM) 2025 at the event. The ITM outlines the key priorities and strategies to transform Changi into a future-ready global aviation hub, while preparing to overcome the challenges the sector will face. It contains 4 key strategies to support innovation, productivity and workforce development in the air transport sector:
(1) Building a safe and sustainable air hub
(2) Transforming Airport Operations
(3) Innovation at the Forefront of Aviation
(4) Developing a Future-Ready and Resilient Workforce
AAIS was pleased to support the ITM alongside other stakeholders in the Air Transport sector.