In the spirit of the Lunar New Year, AAIS once again had the honour of hosting 95 senior citizens from four elderly homes to a festive luncheon, as part of its corporate social responsibility efforts. This was the second time AAIS had organised this event, following the positive feedback and impact of the first. Beneficiaries from the Bright Hill Evergreen Home, Lee Ah Mooi Old Age Home, St John’s Home for the Elders and Thongteck Home were treated to a sumptuous Chinese lunch spread and a short performance put together by the AAIS staff. The elders also got into action, singing popular tunes of the yesteryears.
The event concluded with the distribution of Mandarin Oranges and Ang Baos to the beneficiaries by AAIS staff and volunteers from the aerospace community, bringing a warm smile to the faces of the senior citizens in attendance. AAIS would like to thank the following companies and individuals for their invaluable time and support of this event:
- Asta Training International Pte Ltd
- Coway Engineering & Marketing Pte Ltd
- Parker Aerospace Pacific Asia Customer Support
- Rolls-Royce Singapore Pte Ltd
- Safran Electronics & Defense Services Asia Pte Ltd
- The Green Airliner Singapore Pte Ltd
- Tri-Wing Aviation Resources Pte Ltd
- Vector Aerospace Asia Pte Ltd
- Wencor LLC
- Mr Eddy Eyo – W.H. Brennan & Co Pte Ltd
AAIS would also like to thank Yan Palace Restaurant and the elderly care assistants from the beneficiaries for their assistance in the smooth running of the event. The Association looks forward to organising more of such events with continued support from the community.