To be advised
Email registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
9am – 5pm
One week before course date.
690 West Camp Road
#08-08 JTC Aviation Two
Seletar Aerospace Park
(Organisations/Participants are required to cover for any bank charges and withholding tax that may be incurred.)
AAIS Members: Save on fees by using e-ATVs!
Max. no. of e-ATVs per employee: 1
About the Course:
|eQuaLearn Heat Treating training provides the Process Owners with the information necessary to improve their skills and competencies in the aerospace workforce.
This 2-day training program allows students to interface with eQuaLearn subject matter experts and gain valuable knowledge to take back to their companies.
Who Should Attend?
|This course is primarily intended for individuals who are capable of writing, reviewing and approving processes, procedures and qualifications of lower levels. Process owners are capable of designing new processes and resolving issues among all other levels.|
|Definition of industry terms
• Nadcap, escapes, root cause, preventive action, etc.
Interpretation of specifications
• Contract review
• Heat treatment parameters
Hierarchy and flow down information
• How to use all the specifications information to produce shop paperwork
Procedures and inspection
• Pre-treatment – loads, preparation, and quenching
• Post-treatment – verification, corrective action and records
• General requirements
• Operator versus planner
Heat Treatments & Final Heat Treatments
• Preparatory heat treatments
• Types of annealing
• Solution heat treatment – applications
• Age/precipitation hardening – applications
Carburizing & Brazing
• Carbo-nitriding and nitrocarburizing
• Furnace brazing
• Induction brazing
Equipment capability to perform high-quality heat treatment
• Daily verification
Load preparation and furnace loading cleaning and cleanliness
• Cleaning methods
Spacing of Parts & Thermocouples
• Definitions and interpretation
Loading hot versus loading cold
• Over-temperature settings
Heat-up rates & Quenching
• Types of quenching
Un-loading. Cycle review. Quality provisions. Storage
• Furnace chart analysis
• Actual temperature range – overshoot
• Quality Provisions, Logs & Re-Processing Information-no period
• Furnace malfunctions
• Process review and approvalUpon successful completion, participants will receive a certificate of attendance from PRI.
|About the Instructor:
Mr Arnoldo Castilla, eQuaLearn Instructor, PRI
Arnoldo obtained his education in Mechanical-Electrical Engineering with a major in Electronics. He has more than 25 years of practical base knowledge and experience in the Manufacturing of Aerospace, Automotive and Medical Products. He is a Quality Professional with more than 23 years of expertise in implementing Quality and Environmental Management Systems, Special Processes and Regulatory Requirements to support manufacturing practices.
|*Note: Course commencement is subject to minimum class size requirements.|
|Jointly Organised By:|