Resumption of activities – Circuit Breaker Phase 2
The UAS indoor testbed facility will reopen for booking from 22 June 2020. Please refer to the FAQs and booking instructions on this page. For assistance, email JTCA2bookings@aais.org.sg.
UAS Indoor Testbed
The indoor testbed facility for commercial applications of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) is now open for booking!
|Facility Location||690 West Camp Road JTC Aviation 2 #11-01/02/03 Singapore 797523|
|Eligibility||1. Singapore registered entities that are conducting UAS research & development activities.
2. Only for industrial test-bedding and customer demonstration purposes.
3. Privileges accorded to companies in the Singapore UAS Community.
|Time slots||Mondays to Fridays only.
AM slot: 9am to 1pm, PM slot: 1:30pm to 5:30pm
FAQs ON UAS INDOOR TESTBED FACILITY AT JTC AVIATION 2
1. What is the initiative about? Are there any charges for booking and use of the facility? How long is the indoor testbed facility trial for? What happens after the trial?
JTC and AAIS embarked on this joint collaboration in response to industry feedback that there is need for short-term indoor spaces for the testing of UA for development and commercialisation purposes. 3 units at JTC Aviation Two (A2) have been identified for this purpose.
We intend to run this trial for a period of 6 months from Mar 2020 to Aug 2020 (Update on 30 April: Due to COVID-19 and the cessation of booking for the Indoor testbed facility, JTC will be extending the trial period for the facility until Oct 2020). There are no plans to charge for booking during this trial period on the basis that we are making interim use of industrial space (without frills) that has yet to be tenanted out. Please note that these 3 units at JTC A2 will continue to remain available on the market, and in the event the units are tenanted out, this initiative may have to cease.
At the end of the trial period, JTC-AAIS will review the initiative, factoring feedback from the UAS community before deciding on the next course of action.
2. The booking time of 4 hours per slot is too short and not sufficient for my company to complete all the tests. Can I book more than one slot per booking?
Yes, you can book more than one 4-hour slot for your tests. But to allow other companies to have the opportunity to make use of the facility, each booking will be limited to a maximum period of 2 days (i.e. 4 consecutive slots) only.
We strongly encourage you to complete all your tests within the allocated time slot and to account for at least 15 to 30mins to prepare for inspection, handover of the facility back to JTC/AAIS and for refund of the security deposit.
3. The testbed facility is indoor and drones would not be flying out of the indoor space. Why is there still a need for us to apply to CAAS for an activity permit and submit to JTC/AAIS?
CAAS has advised that if the indoor UAS activity involves demonstration to customers or the test requires any other third party representatives to witness the demonstration or test, an activity permit will be required. If you are unsure and need more information on the matter, please refer to CAAS’ website at https://www.caas.gov.sg/public-passengers/unmanned-aircraft-systems. If an activity permit is required, do take note of the processing time required by CAAS to process the activity permit.
Please note that if an activity permit is required, you are required to submit a copy of the approved permit, UA registration, UA basic training, and/or UA pilot licensing (wherever applicable) to JTC/AAIS prior to the booking.
4. Are we required to procure insurance for the UAS activity prior for the use of the facility?
We strongly advise you to procure your own UAS insurance to cover for any third party damage arising from the use of the facility.
Aside, a security deposit of $500 will be collected for each booking, and you will need to submit a duly completed letter of indemnity and undertaking to JTC to undertake to pay and repair any damages as a result from the use of the facility. In the event that there is any damage to the facility caused by your UAS, the $500 security deposit will be used to offset against the repair costs (which will be assessed by JTC). If the repair costs is more than $500, you will be required to top-up and pay the balance to JTC.
5. The indoor testbed space is bare. Will JTC be installing additional features such as mattress or padding for drone crashes?
As mentioned under item 1 above, JTC is not imposing charges for the use of this space in view that no frills are provided, and in consideration that the units would continue to be made available for marketing to potential tenants. Introducing additional features would mean that charges will have to be imposed.
6. Can the community pool together resources to provide additional features for the facility?
The UAS community is welcome to pool resources. However, prior consent will need to be sought from JTC before embarking on any implementation and/or installation.
7. Can the indoor testbed facility also be used for training or educational purposes?
As the building is located with industrial land zoned B2, only industrial activities (e.g. development and commercialisation of UAS technologies) are supportable. Educational or commercial activities (such as, teaching students how to use a drone) are not supportable.
1) Download and peruse the
Booking Guidelines for UAS Indoor Testbed Facility
2) Check the the availability of the facility (Date, Time) by contacting the JTC Business Centre at Seletar Aerospace Park at (65) 6262 5336 or via email to JTCA2bookings@aais.org.sg
3) Complete/submit the following:
a. Booking Form for UAS Indoor Testbed Facility
b. Letter of Indemnity and Undertaking for UAS Indoor Testbed Facility
c. A copy of your Company’s ACRA.
d. Copies of CAAS activity permit, UA registration, UA basic training &/or pilot licensing (wherever applicable)
$500 cash deposit or cashier’s order issued in favour of JTC Corporation, to be used to offset against any repair costs in the event of damages, if any.
Privileges for Singapore UAS Community
(a) Open for booking up to 3 months in advance (instead of 1 month)
(b) Use of co-working space at Level 3 Serviced Office, subject to availability.