AAIS kicked-off the year with an exclusive members-only preview of the Aerospace Industry Transformation Map (ITM). Held at EDB’s offices on 5 January 2018, the event gathered senior representatives from some 50 member companies to understand the key thrusts of the ITM and give feedback on its implementation. The ITM was developed by government agencies with our collective inputs, and is aimed at renewing our industry’s competitiveness and growth for the long term. It is intended as an evolving plan providing directional guidance to both industry and government.
Three key areas were highlighted for the industry roadmap:
1) Pursuing Operational Excellence
– Adopting automation and industrial IoT
– Deepening of manufacturing engineering capabilities
2) Driving Innovation in Emerging Technologies
– Continued investment in developing public R&D infrastructure
– Developing industry-relevant technologies
– Providing regulatory support for new industry segments
3) Equipping Singapore with Relevant Skills
– Upskilling/Reskilling existing and displaced workers
– Working with lead demand to train industry workforce
– Preparing the future workforce
AAIS thanks all members for your valuable inputs and EDB for facilitating the dialogue. As the industry apex body, AAIS will be continuing with the programmes started last year and embarking on new initiatives as we facilitate ITM implementation by our members.