The 13th AAIS AGM was held on Tuesday, 22nd September 2015 at the Singapore Aviation Academy. The event was well attended by 56 individuals from 46 member organisations.
The AGM proceedings were chaired by Mr Charles Chong, President of the AAIS 9th Management Committee. Addressing the attendees in a Welcome Note, Mr Chong gave an overview of the Association’s growth and took stock of the initiatives and activities carried out in the fiscal year of 2014/15. Mr Chong also took the opportunity to thank colleagues who served with him on the Management Committee (MC) and announced that he would be relinquishing his position after the AGM to allow for the injection of new blood and fresh perspectives. Before formally stepping down, Mr Chong presented certificates to new member companies and the long service award for AAIS staff.
In honour of his long and dedicated service as President of AAIS since 2006, the Association presented Mr Chong with a token of appreciation. It also recorded its gratitude to other MC members who have or would be stepping down after the AGM. These included 1st Vice President Ms Kham Joon Wui (ST Aerospace), Honorary Secretary Mr T. Hastings Siegfried (NORDAM), Assistant Honorary Secretary Mr Adrian Plevin (Megitt Aerospace), Mr Mike McCormack (SIAE) and Mr Paul Inman (Singapore Aero Engine Services).
Elections for the next MC were subsequently held. With no contest to the nominations received and no objection from members, candidates for the various positions were confirmed. AAIS would like to thank the Singapore Aviation Academy, all members and the Grand Park City Hall for supporting this AGM.
The AAIS 10th Management Committee Members (2015 to 2017):
- President: Philip Quek, SIA Engineering Company Ltd
- 1st Vice President: Jeffrey Lam, ST Aerospace Ltd
- 2nd Vice President: Ho Tin Pau, Rolls-Royce Singapore Pte Ltd
- Steven Pearson, Aviall Pte Ltd
- Lien Whai Cheng, Coway Engineering & Marketing Pte Ltd
- Philip Sung, Esterline Sensors Services Asia Pte Ltd
- Steve Price, International Engine Component Overhaul Pte Ltd
- Ekkehard Pracht, Liebherr-Singapore Pte Ltd
- Fergus Lopez, Parker Aerospace
- Chow Kok Wah, Singapore Institute of Aerospace Engineers
- Jimson Ngiam, Thales Solutions Asia Pte Ltd
- Lim Hee Joo, Wah Son Engineering Pte Ltd